Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Consistency

Over the past several years I have lamented that I have not had a consistent, voluminous, block of training since 2005. During that time I ran 10 weeks over 120 miles and transcend the runner I had previously been.

This winter I approached my training with the sole purpose of copying that consistency, and once again trying to eclipse myself at my favorite distance: the marathon.

Over the past 3 months I logged 11 weeks over 100, with well scheduled marathon + pace workouts. I ran a very hilly 10 mile race in 54:30, and narrowly missed my best. This past weekend I missed my 8k best in 26:17 by 5 seconds on a windy day. To be so close to shorter prs while training for the marathon is very encouraging.

I have 9 more runs before race day, and i'm ready.

No comments:

Blog Archive