Sunday, October 2, 2011

Run For The Parks 10K

This past week has been tiring.  Wednesday I got in a long run of 24 miles, which felt pretty good.  Friday I did my usual 10 X 400 m workout, with 100 m jog recovery.  Averaged 1:13 for the 400's, and 25 for the 100 recovery for a total of 16:28.

I ended up working a cross country meet yesterday, and it was a long day outdoors.  My right calf has been barking lately, so the combination of being tired and overly tight may have caused the 10k to be such a lackluster event for me.

Got through the mile in 5:10 in 4th place.  The second mile marker was off, but I was now in third.  Went through 3 in 15:45 and started to slow.  4 in 21:04, and I felt like my mechanics were just falling apart; in particular with regards to my right footstrike. I finished up in 33:12 and stayed in 3rd.  I didn't have much motivation to run harder than whatever was necessary to maintain my place over the final two miles.  So I didn't.

I need some good sleep, and a round of massage.  I expect to have both taken care of by Wednesday.

No comments:

Blog Archive